Configuring Exchange 2010 email on Android devices.
Through Menu and Settings:
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Accounts & sync, then "Add Account" in the upper right hand corner.
3. Click "Corporate" for the account type that we would like to create.
4. Enter your email and password that you use on campus.
5. An account setup screen will appear asking for different information about the login servers. Under the first box that asks for domain, enter uwb\Username. Your password should automatically be filled in from the previous entry. For the exchange server, use mail.uwb.edu. Enable secure connection (SSL). Click Next.
6. You will be prompted to accept terms in order to configure the exchange email account. Click OK.
7. Select the settings you wish to apply for when the email server is checked for new email as well as how many days’ worth of email you would like to sync to the mobile device. Click next. WARNING: Having the email check automatically will consume more battery.
8. You will be prompted to allow Email to make security changes to the device. Click Authorize. NOTE - The device will only perform a factory reset if it has been instructed to do so by the user through Outlook Web Access.
9. Enter a name that you would like to appear if you are syncing multiple accounts to the device.
10. Open up the email client on the device, and you will see your emails populate into the inbox where you can read, reply and create emails.
WARNING: By removing an account, you will no longer be able to access its information until it is re-added to the device. When removing the account, none of your inbox items are touched and will be available through another device that your account may be synced to.
Go into the Settings menu.
Click on Accounts and sync.
You will see a list of all the accounts that you have synced to the device, select the one you want to remove.
In the Account and sync settings, click "Account Settings".
Scroll to the bottom of the settings screen, and click "Remove Account".
Considering syncing your contacts?
Please consider the following:
1. Android OS does not currently support Exchange contact sync outside of a third-party application. For more information please visit Androids website.
2. Ability to wipe your device to factory settings.
Commonly Reported Pop-Up Windows (if you are using an Android device to connect to your UWB email)
The pop-up dialog boxes below have been reported to IT and are commonplace for the type of upgrade that all of our email accounts have undergone. You may/may not see one or more of these pop-up messages when you connect to your Exchange Account after the updates have taken place. They are safe and familiar so feel free to click on "OK" or enter your user credentials as requested. If you have any questions or notice any other pop-up notifications, please do not hesitate to contact the UWB IT Helpdesk.
"Could not find server"
If you see this pop-up, click "OK" and check your server settings. This should be set to mail.uwb.edu. Your device will then be able to connect to the server.