Now Hiring: IT Student Administrative Assistant
The Information Technologies department seeks a UW Bothell student for the job of IT Student Administrative Assistant. We encourage students to apply who may not feel they have the technical skills to work in IT but are willing to learn.
A good candidate has the following qualities:
● Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
● Works hard and takes pride in the work.
● Ability to work and learn in a team or independently.
● Exhibits a close attention to detail and deadlines.
● Prior experience in a customer service or administrative assistant position (highly desirable).
● Able to work with a variety of people and meet deadlines.
IT Student Administrative Assistant will be expected to learn and perform the following tasks:
● Maintain an accurate individual electronic calendar (using the agreed upon calendaring system), shared with the IT Services team; respond to meeting requests and schedule new requests.
● Assist with special projects, do research, keep accurate records, plan departmental activities, preparation of publication materials, maintain records.
● Maintaining and building content for UWB IT
● Updating Microsoft OneDrive, YouTube, and Google Drive archives.
● Maintain a Canvas course that focuses on projects going on in IT.
● Working with administrators, staff, and faculty on projects that highlight their work
● Setting up and taking down equipment before meetings and after meetings.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Monday – Friday, variable shifts - 9am to 5pm.
● Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Send your resume and a 2-5 page writing sample (for example: a recent paper written in one of your classes) to UWBLT@uw.edu with “IT Student Administrative Assistant ” written in the subject line.