Supported through UW Bothell's Office of Student Life, the International Student Facilitators (ISF) are current international and domestic students here to introduce you to student life at UW Bothell. You will meet ISF at your F1 Immigration Orientation, quarterly ISF events and around campus.
- To assist international students in their transiton to life in the United States and at UW Bothell.
ISF's Goals and Objectives:
- To assist students in their personal, academic, social and cultural adjustment to studying and living in the U.S. and at UW Bothell.
- To provide students with information about services available to them throughout the campus and community, and to encourage their use of those services.
- To encourage students to participate in educational opportunities outside of the classroom, such as student organizations, athletics and intramurals, volunteerism, and community and campus events.
- To assist students in developing their relationship with the institution, peers, faculty, staff and the community.
- To promote a nurturing atmosphere and provide sufficient cultural information to enable students to make reasoned and well-informed choices.
- To assist students in developing familiarity with their physical surroundings.
- To engage students in ideas, concepts and current issues around intercultural communication and globalization.
Services ISF Provides:
- Tutoring Services
- Conversation Partner Program
- Cultural Events
- Global Communication and Skills
- Training in Public Speaking
- Campus Resource Information
- Campus Tours
- Civic Fellowship Participatory Projects
Recent ISF Programs and Events:
- A-IEP & F1 Immigration Orientation Session with collaboration with ISS
- New International Student Welcome Party
- Bowling Night
- Dim Sum
- International Potluck
- Hot Pot Night
- Facilitating conversations in BCUSP 100 A with collaboration with ISS
- Culture Fest
- "How To" Series
- Lunar New Year event
- World Languages Cafe with collaboration with Global Initatives
- Ehime University Program Presentations in collaboration with ISS
- Intercultural Engagement Retreat
- International Student Transfer Fair
- Intercultural Night (coming in April 2013)
- International Student Graduation BBQ (coming in June 2013)