It is your responsibility to understand and comply with the terms of your immigration status during your stay in the United States. A violation of the immigration regulations could jeopardize your student status.
You should always consult with ISS if you have any questions or concerns before taking action.
Tips on How to Stay in Status
- Keep your immigration documents valid and with current information at all times (including information on your I-20, passport, and F-1 visa).
Report a change to your U.S. address within 10 days to ISS
Do not engage in unlawful employment.
Maintain a full credit load and meet the requirements before taking a vacation quarter.
- Obey U.S. laws and the regulations governing your F-1 student status.
University Reporting Requirements
UW-Bothell is required to report the following information to immigration through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS):
- Whether a student has enrolled at the UWB or failed to enroll.
- A change of the student or dependent's legal name or address.
- Any student who graduates prior to the end date listed on the I-20.
- Academic or disciplinary actions taken due to a criminal conviction.
- Whether the student drops below a full course of study without prior authorization from ISS.
- SEVIS record termination date and reason for termination.
- Other data generated by standard procedures such as program extension, school transfer, change in level of study or major, employment authorization, or reinstatement.
- Any student who fails to maintain status or complete his or her program.