Withdrawing from the Health Studies Major

There may come a time when you need to postpone the completion of your degree; this does happen and it is important to know you have options. Before you decide, connect with a HS advisor to explore your options. Depending on your situation, you may be able to take a quarter off (with no re-application), slow down to a part-time schedule, or you may determine it is best to withdraw from UWB for re-application at a later time.

Once the quarter begins, even if it is day one of your first quarter in the program, you are considered a current and enrolled student. This means you need to withdraw from the coursework in which you are enrolled. To withdraw, complete the steps below:

Withdraw from all your coursework

Withdrawing from classes is the responsibility of the student. The University and the program does not withdraw you. You are responsible for any unpaid tuition and fees. If you need assistance, contact the Office of the Registrar.

Pay any remaining university fees

Students are responsible for paying any remaining fees, even if all coursework is dropped. 

Reapply for admission to the major

Meet with a Health Studies academic advisor to review course availability and to create a completion plan. We want to make sure it is the optimal quarter for re-entry, that there is space and that you have a plan to complete the program in place. Call 425-352-5376 to schedule an appointment with the Health Studies department. Students who have paid the Enrollment Confirmation Fee would contact the Office of Admissions regarding paying the fee again in the future. 


Did You Know?

Forty-nine percent of UW Bothell's first year students are the first in their families to attend college.