IAS Undergraduate Advising
The Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences (IAS) Advisors can provide academic advising and educational assistance to undergraduate students admitted to the School of IAS. We help students in a variety of areas, including guidance on institutional policy, course planning, and preparation for graduation and beyond.
Meet the IAS Advisors!
- Erica Spencer, Academic Advisor
- Jessica Trenkamp, Academic Advisor
- Lindsey McBride, Lead Academic Advisor
* Advisors can be reached via email at IASAdvisors@uwb.edu
Make an Appointment
IAS Advising offers comprehensive advising services to all new, current, and returning IAS students. We work with you to match your interests with opportunities at the UW, and help you to integrate your academic and career plans. If you are a prospective undergraduate student please contact the UW Bothell Admissions Office for more information.
- If you are a current IAS undergraduate student looking for advising assistance, please call (425) 352-5350 for an appointment, or email IASadvisors@uwb.edu.
- The IAS office is available for scheduled appointments from 9:00am-5:15pm Monday-Thursday & 9am-11:30am on Friday. The IAS office is closed from 12pm-1pm M-F. We are located in UW1 Room 390.
- We don’t take 30 minute drop-in advising appointments. Please call ahead to be sure someone is scheduled to meet you.
- During peak registration times the office becomes very busy and sometimes students have to wait to get an appointment. If you need to meet with an advisor in an appointment, don't wait until the last minute. Plan ahead!
- Advising appointments are required for major/minor declarations, graduation applications, petitions and orientations.
- Students should not make appointments during class time. Please consider your current schedule before making an advising appointment.
Walk-in advising is on a first come, first-served basis and is designed for sessions that are 10 minutes or less! Walk-in advising is available the first week of Period One registration and the first week of the quarter, and only in the following times/days.
Upcoming Scheduled Walk-In Hours:
May 6th - May 24th
Registration for Autumn Quarter begins on Friday, May 10th. We will begin Walk-In Hours on Monday, May 6th and will provide these hours through Friday, May 24th.
- Monday-Thursday 10:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm*
- Monday or Tuesday Evening 4:30pm-5:30pm*
- Friday 10:00am-12:00pm*
*Walk-in hours are subject to change on a quarterly basis.
Please note that during the times listed above the IAS Advisors will still see advising appointments. However, appointments fill during these peak times so please plan accordingly.
Additional Types of Advising
IAS Graduate Advising
For IAS Graduate Program information on Policy Studies, Cultural Studies or Creative Writing and Poetics, contact the Graduate Program Manager by phone at 425-352-5427 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for the IAS Handbook?