The University of Washington Bothell has two motor pool vehicles for use by faculty and staff. The UWB Motor Pool provides these vehicles at economic rates for individuals authorized to travel on official University of Washington Bothell business. Use of this vehicle will be recharged to the campus department requesting its use.
If a UWB motor pool vehicle is not available, employees can reserve a Ucar. To reserve a Ucar go to http://www.uwb.edu/admin/transportation/ucar.
The UW Bothell Motor Pool is a self-sustaining operation and rental rates are set at a level that assures recovery of the cost of doing business. The following rates apply:
Ford Taurus Mileage Rate: $.55
12-Passenger Van Mileage Rate: $.609
Collision Insurance Fee
In addition to the change in rental rates, the UW Bothell Motor Pool has established a new insurance fee of $1.00 per day per rental. This fee will create a fund to pay for vehicle damages and replace the previous policy of recharging collision damage back to the respective departments. The Bothell Motor Pool is self insured for vehicle collisions.
The University maintains liability coverage for all University vehicles. This coverage protects authorized operators from claims of third parties for bodily injury or property damage, provided the vehicle was operated for and on behalf of the University.
University employees, student employees, and authorized volunteers traveling on official University business are insured for any injuries under the Worker's Compensation Program. For details on volunteers, see the Operations Manual, D 14.1.
Students and passengers who are not University employees are not insured by the Worker's Compensation Program and are responsible for providing their own medical insurance.
Fee Calculation and Billing
Rental fees are charged to the budget number designated by the requesting department and are based on a per mile charge for the actual miles driven. Daily rental charges are calculated from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. regardless of the time the vehicle was checked out.
Operating Costs Covered by the Rental Fee
The UW Bothell Motor Pool rental fee covers the following costs:
- Regular unleaded fuel, diesel fuel, and oil
- Emergency purchases such as tires and batteries
- Towing and repair charges resulting from a vehicle breakdown
- Installation or removal of chains when traveling outside the Seattle area
Regular maintenance services will be performed at the UWB Motor Pool on all University-owned vehicles.
Operating Costs Not Covered by the Rental Fee
The UW Bothell Motor Pool rental fee does not cover the following costs:
- Parking fees
- Traffic or parking fines, including penalties for late payments
- Ferry and bridge tolls
- Storage fees
- Vehicle damage resulting from negligence and/or off-road use
- Cleaning services for unusually dirty vehicles
The UWB Motor Pool is operated by Facility Services.
Facility Services receives and confirms vehicle requests through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and handles billing for all campus vehicles, handles complaints and collisions involving a campus vehicle, and facilitates the purchase and disposal of vehicles for the campus fleet.
Motor Pool office hours are 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
UWB Motor Pool Check Out Procedures
- Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis and can be made up to one month in advance.
- Contact Dispatch: 425-352-5466 at phone, or email: email@example.com for availability.
- Please provide hours (start and return time), your name, phone number, department, and budget number.
- Car can be picked up at the Motor Pool office located at Physical Plant, CP1 between 8AM and 4PM. If you are not able to pick up the car during these hours, please make appropriate arrangements with Dispatch.
- Read and sign a driver's responsibility form. User must also present his/her valid driver's license for file/record at time of checkout.
- Fill out the TRIP LOG sheet and pick up keys.
- A credit card will be issued for gasoline purchase when keys are picked up.
- Car will have a full tank upon departure. (Note: Each user must fill the tank up when the gauge reaches the Â¼ full level.)
- Keep the gas receipt and hand in with key and credit card upon return.
- Insurance information and emergency procedures will be located in the glove compartment of the car.
- If your plans change and you do not need the car, please cancel your reservations immediately.
- If you are unable to return the vehicle by the agreed upon time or by 4PM, you must contact Dispatch at 425-352-5466 so there will be no impact on other vehicle reservations.
- 24 hour emergency service is available to employees when using motor pool vehicle.