IAS Undergraduate Advising
The Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences (IAS) Advisors can provide academic advising and educational assistance to undergraduate students admitted to the School of IAS. We help students in a variety of areas, including guidance on institutional policy, course planning, and preparation for graduation and beyond.
Meet the IAS Advisors!
Lead Undergraduate Advisor
Graduate Staff Assistant
Make an Appointment
IAS Advising offers comprehensive advising services to all new, current, and returning IAS students. We work with you to match your interests with opportunities at the UW, and help you to integrate your academic and career plans.
Students may also call (425) 352-5350 or visit us in UW1-390 to make an appointment, or request an appointment with a specific advisor.
If you are a prospective undergraduate student please contact the UW Bothell Admissions Office for more information.
- The IAS office is available for scheduled appointments from 9:00am-4:30pm Monday-Thursday & 9am-11:30am on Friday. The IAS office is closed from 12pm-1pm M-F. We are located in UW1 Room 390.
- During peak registration times the office becomes very busy and sometimes students have to wait to get an appointment. If you need to meet with an advisor in an appointment, don't wait until the last minute. Plan ahead!
- Advising appointments are required for major/minor declarations, graduation applications, petitions and orientations.
- Students should not make appointments during class time. Please consider your current schedule before making an advising appointment. Students that arrive 15 minutes late for their appointment will be required to reschedule.
- Please review Responsibilities Before Your Appointment.
Walk-in advising is on a first come, first-served basis and is designed for sessions that are 10 minutes or less.
Walk-in advising hours for Spring Quarter 2018:
Monday: 10:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-2:00pm
Tuesday: 10:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday: 10:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-3:00pm
*Walk-in hours are subject to change on a quarterly basis. Also, be prepared as the IAS office is typically closed for lunch from 12-1pm.
Please note that during the times listed above the IAS Advisors will still see advising appointments. However, appointments fill during these peak times so please plan accordingly.
Additional Types of Advising
IAS Graduate Advising
For IAS Graduate Program information on Policy Studies, Cultural Studies or Creative Writing & Poetics, contact the Graduate Program Manager by phone at 425-352-5427 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.