The LEDE program combines Saturday Seminars, e-Learning, performance tasks, and internships. All seminars meet on Saturdays, approximately once or twice a month, on the UW Bothell campus. Activities may take place online, at participants own school, or at another school location.
Spring or Autumn quarters
- Leadership for Curriculum and Teaching
- Personal Leadership for Schools
- Participants join a Teacher Instructional Leadership Network that is supported by APPL partners
- Begin performance tasks to be completed at participant's own pace
*Enrollment during introductory quarter is 4-12 credits depending on prior experience as a teacher leader and prior academic coursework that is appropriate for transfer into the program. Prior experience is determined during the admissions process.
During the Academic Year
After the Introductory Quarter, participants may continue in Part 1 of the program for up to three years before choosing to enter Part 2.
Participants who continue in Part 1 of the program for longer than one academic year must enroll in 2 credits of coursework Autumn quarter of each additional Part 1 year.
- Meet quarterly with network members
- Continue working on performance tasks
- Complete at least 400 internship hours in participant's home school (Part I Internship)
Qualification to begin Part 2 based on completion of performance tasks, internship hours and seminars.
- Leadership for Schools as Responsive Public Institutions
- Leadership for Schools as Renewing Organizations
- Leadership for Schools as Inclusive Communities
- 400 hours of intership (Part II Internship)
- Begin Part 2 performance tasks
- Continuation of seminars initiated in Autumn quarter
-Complete internship requirements
-Continue Part 2 performance tasks
- Complete tasks from Introductory Quarter seminars
-Final assessment of dossier
-Complete any remaining performance tasks from Part 2
-Recommendation for Principal Certification
-Application to Principal positions
Program design is subject to modification