The School of STEM Office of Graduate Studies offers specialized resources for graduate STEM students and alumni seeking career guidance. The STEM Graduate Career Counselor, Michael Kimball-Bryant, is here to help you build the tools necessary for career management from the start of your graduate education and throughout your professional career. He is ready to assist you with industry specific career counseling, advice, guidance, recommendations, suggestions, and opportunities as you complete your master’s degree or graduate certificate.*
Michael is available to meet one-on-one with you to discuss a range of topics, including, but not limited to
- Technical résumé creation and review,
- Cover letter writing,
- Developing an internship or job search strategy,
- Career transition and exploration,
- Professional portfolio review,
- Technical and behavioral interview preparation,
- Networking, and
- Salary negotiation.
Specialized career resources and information on the above topics, as well as resume and cover letter samples, are accessible through a Canvas course specifically designed for STEM graduate program students and alumni. Please login into your UW Canvas account and click “Career Resources for Graduate STEM Students” within the Dashboard. If you have any issues with the Canvas course, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an appointment with Michael, STEM Graduate Career Counselor, call 425.352.5490 or e-mail email@example.com.
* The STEM Graduate Career Counselor does not provide placement or guarantee students employment after graduation.