26th Edition: June 7th, 2013
CUSP Presents: A Quarterly Guide to Arts on Campus
Join CUSP Arts faculty, students, and staff in celebrating the accomplishments of our students' work this quarter in the Spring 2013 Art Walk. The list of offerings on display in the final weeks of the quarter is below in CUSP's Quarterly Guide to Arts on Campus. Mark your calendars!
BCUSP 197D: Acting
Class Final “Open House” - Scene Study
Monday, June 10th | 5:45pm - 7:15pm | UW2-211
BCUSP 197E: Acting
Class Final “Open House” - Scene Study & Monologues
Tuesday, June 11th | 3:30pm - 5pm | UW2-211
BIS 476: History of Photography
Photographic Final Projects
Daily | 9am - 5pm | IAS Office
Source: Gavin Doyle - firstname.lastname@example.org
UW Bothell Learning Technologies seeks a hard-working and responsible UW Bothell student to join our team as a Student Technologist for $12.39 per hour. If you are interested, visit the web page linked below, read the duties and qualifications to learn more about the position, and follow the instructions to apply:
UW Bothell Learning Technologies (a unit of Information Technologies) is looking to hire a UW student hourly worker to assist in the daily operations of the department. We are looking for responsible and organized individuals who have a positive attitude, are willing to learn new things, and are able to work independently.
- Helping students and faculty with technology questions (in-person, phone, and email)
- Maintain content for the Learning Technologies website
- Create documentation and tutorials for faculty and students regarding the use of new and emerging technologies at UW Bothell
- Research new technologies and educational issues
- Prepare reports based on research findings
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Other tasks that pertain to the daily operations of the department
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Strong writing skills
- Can communicate with people who range in technological skill and knowledge
- Comfortable with using a variety of software and hardware tools
- Enjoy learning and experimenting with new technologies
Compensation and Hours
- Quarterly flexible schedule with up to 15 hours per week
- Getting paid to learn valuable skills in Web content production
- $12.39 per hour
On the evening of June 2nd, the Global Learning & Science and Technology groups co-sponsored a community dinner at the Husky Village Community Center. This event also marked a soft launch of the UW Bothell Multilingual Cookbook. Approaching the center, one’s taste bud would be awakened by the aroma even if one was not particularly hungry. Three RAs, Amita Sharma, Mikel Walker and Charles Zhipeng Zeng, made delicious (beef) tacos together. Other contributions came from Jackie Do (fried rice); Rachel Visario (eggrolls); Cruz Garibay (guacamole); Hayden Jones (cranberry juice).
All the contributors took home a small bookstore gift card. During the lively conversation, Rachel showed her cookbook, her high school project, to James Anderson, a sophomore as well as a sous-chef, the second-in-command at Lynn's Bistro, a French restaurant in Kirkland. James offered two sample recipes online to help standardize the cookbook. He also plans to offer some cooking lessons in the near future.
For more information on this project, please visit https://catalyst.uw.edu/gopost/board/weigao/31918/.
Recipes submitted by June 21st will be handpicked as samples to be published online.
Source: Weizhi Gao - email@example.com