Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Advisory Search Committee for the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs - Charge Letter
September 12, 2018
- Phil Akers, Vice Chancellor, Advancement & External Relations, Co-chair
- Gowri Shankar, Chair, General Faculty Organization; Associate Professor, School of Business, Co-chair
- Christian Adams, Chair, General Staff Organization; Director, Academic Budgets, Institutional Planning & Budget
- Jennifer Atkinson, Lecturer, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
- Emily Christian, Associate Dean, Student Affairs
- Allison Gibson, Graduate Student
- Casey Mann, Professor, School of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Kathy Mitchell, Academic Advisor, First Year & Pre-Major Program
- Selina Mohammed, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing & Health Studies
- Ariana Navarro, Undergraduate Student, ASUWB Senator
- Phil Reid, Vice Provost, Academic and Student Affairs
Thank you for agreeing to serve on the advisory search committee for the position of Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (VCAA) at UW Bothell. This position is important to the future of the University, providing leadership as the chief academic officer for UW Bothell.
The committee will be chaired by Vice Chancellor Phil Akers and General Faculty Organization Chair Gowri Shankar and will be supported by Andrea Neubert. They will contact you soon to arrange the first meeting. I will plan to attend a portion of that meeting to discuss the search with you.
I ask that you provide input to refine the position description for the next Vice Chancellor, and that you work to develop a broad and diverse pool of candidates. I ask the search committee to identify three to five highly qualified candidates for interviews. In the process, please solicit the input of the UW Bothell community, including faculty, staff and students, as well as appropriate external constituents.
Bjong Wolf Yeigh, Ph.D., F.ASME
Chancellor and Professor of Engineering