Mission and Goals
The University of Washington Bothell holds the student-faculty relationship to be paramount. We provide access to excellence in higher education through innovative and creative curricula, interdisciplinary teaching and research, and a dynamic community of multicultural learning.
The University of Washington Bothell is committed to achieving its goals and promotes the on-going review of our outcomes, organizational structures, and processes that support its mission and goals.
- Serve college age and established adult students, as well as the community at large, by providing access to a premier institution of higher education.
- Emphasize and develop critical thinking, writing, and information literacy, in order to graduate students with life-long learning skills.
- Actively recruit and support outstanding faculty scholars with a passion for communication.
- Build an inclusive and supportive community of learning and incorporate multicultural content and diverse perspectives on ethnic and racial groups, gender, sexual orientation, social class, and special needs.
- Encourage and support collaborative, interdisciplinary, and cross-program initiatives.
- Provide quality curricula by making use of the best of educational technology in support of teaching and learning.
- Attract and support an internationally diverse student body and a nationally recognized faculty and staff.
- Create and support excellence in student affairs, academic services, such as library, writing center, computing services, and physical facilities.
- Foster productive relationships with the employment community and promote a strong public service commitment.