Interns spend a quarter in Olympia as staff for members of the House of Representatives or the Senate. In addition to their office work, interns, participate in seminars, classes, training, and shadowing. Students will earn academic credit.
"Each year we actively recruit at the University of Washington Bothell for the students... We value the maturity, academic strength, and self motivation that we have seen in the interns we select from UW Bothell." - Judi Best and Samantha Barerra Senate/House intern coordinators
Undergraduate Legislative Policy Intern Program
- For Undergraduate juniors and seniors in any discipline
- Work in Olympia with legislators and staff in either the House of Representatives or the Senate
- Interns typically do research, bill tracking, constituent correspondence, and agency casework.
- They have the opportunity to attend committee hearings and other meetings, and interact with staff and legislators.
- Participate in weekly seminars and workshops
- Must do the internship for academic credit
How to Apply
All students who are interested in this internship needs to work with and apply through the UW Bothell Career Center. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM. Applications for Winter 2013 will need to be turned in near the end of October 2012. Please make an appointment with the Career Center to learn more. Applications will include:
- Written Essay
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Faculty Reference Letter
- Personal Reference Letter