Career Fair Spring 2012
Events Before the Career Fair
- Resume Writing Seminar, Tuesday April 10, 5:45pm-6:45pm, UW1-202
- Resume Review Night With Professionals, Thursday April 12, 4:30pm-7:30pm, North Creek
- Drop In Resume Day, Thursday April 12, 9am-5pm, UW1-161
- Drop In Resume Day, Monday April 16, 9am-5pm, UW1-161
How to Prepare for the Career Fair...
- Make an appointment and have your resume reviewed at least a week before the fair.
- Bring at least 10 copies of your resume to the event
- Dress to impress, business casual is ideal.
- Conduct research about the companies that will be at the fair.
- Come with a list of questions you can ask the employers to learn more about their company. Remember, you’re interviewing them as much as they’re interviewing you.
- Prepare a 20 to 30 second introduction (elevator speech) about yourself to use with employers. Include your major, year in school, position/internship you’re interested in, and how your experience can help them.