The Global Executive Mini-MBA India: September 30-October 12, 2013
There's no question about it: India will soon be one of the leaders of world commerce. Will your business be there?
At the University of Washington Bothell School of Business, we know that the shift is already well underway.
However, with our years of experience educating and working with Washington business leaders, we realize that few are prepared to successfully deal with the challenges posed by this major shift in global economic power to countries like India.
Expertise With India That Meets Your Needs
UW Bothell School of Business professors with specific expertise in emerging global economic markets like India have created a cross-disciplinary Global Executive Mini-MBA tour series that gives you the information, understanding and even the professional contacts that you need to be successful in these complex and dynamic markets.
If doing business in India is your plans—and it probably should be—you will want to sign up for the UW Bothell School of Business Global Executive Mini-MBA tour to India, set for September 30-October 12, 2013 and led by Professor Sandeep Krishnamurthy, Dean of the UW Bothell School of Business.
Mini-MBA India Program and Itinerary
Before heading to India, you will attend two weekend sessions tentatively set for August 24th and September 14th at the UW Bothell campus where you will learn about doing business in India, global business strategy and trip logistics. You'll learn how the country has been one of the world leaders in business reform, making it much easier for you to establish your presence there.
The country tour itself will take place from September 30 to October 12, 2013 and will include Bangalore, Mumbai, New Delhi—three distinct and important business destinations.
Possible stops include Applied Logistics India, Intel Technology India, 3M India, ACI Worldwide Payment Systems, Tata Consultancy Services, Group T-Minus, KMPG India, Volkwagen India, IFC India, The U.S. Commercial Service, The Hindritron Group and Citibank India.
To round out an understanding of India's history and culture, each city’s program will also feature a visit to a key historical site, including a day trip to the city of Agra and the magnificent Taj Mahal.
You can download a complete itinerary here. The travel dates will remain the same but the specific activities in each city will be updated in the months ahead.
- Understand the Indian economic and legal environment
- Understand the Indian socio-cultural environment
- Understand US/Indian joint ventures and licensing models
- Understand key trading trends
- Understand India as a source of IT talent
- Develop fruitful business contacts
- Understand successful business strategies in India
- Understand Indian business practices
The Global Executive Mini-MBA
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will each receive a Global Executive Mini-MBA (India) from the University of Washington Bothell School of Business.
In order to qualify for participation in this program, applicants will require an undergraduate degree from a leading educational institution. In light of the multi-disciplinary nature of the study tour and topics, participants from all professional backgrounds are welcome to apply.
An all-inclusive fee of $8,395 includes round-trip economy group air transportation from Seattle to and back from India, professional lectures and briefings, program materials, double-occupancy hotel accommodations, domestic air and ground transportation, transfers, secondary health insurance, sightseeing tours, breakfasts, some lunches and dinners, and the UW Bothell School of Business Global Executive Mini-MBA.
Not included are passport and India visa fees, immuinizations, tips, meals not stated above, and other incidental expenses. Fee is based on a participant traveling with the group from and back to Seattle. Limited itinerary deviations are possible but might result in a higher fee.
The Global Executive Mini MBA Tour to India: Sign Up Now
A one-time investment in The UW Bothell School of Business Global Executive Mini-MBA program can deliver an outstanding return as India continues to surge in economic power. Register now. You owe it to yourself and your future.
Full Itinerary and Registration
To access the full itinerary and registration, follow the link below to our partner, Worldstrides, who will be collecting registration information, deposits and payments on our behalf.
Before following the registration link, read the following steps:
1. Once you arrive at the page, click ’Register To Travel’ on the right side of the page
2. You will then be prompted to enter the UW Bothell “UWB Mini MBA India” Trip ID: 89230
3. Once you enter the Trip ID and requested security characters, click on the ‘Register Now’ box below and you will be taken directly to the site
4. Review the summary page and click ‘Register’ in the top right corner to enter your information
1. The registration process requires your passport information. When you are ready to register, please be sure to have your passport on hand. If you do not have your passport information when registering, you can still complete the process and return to the registration site at another time to enter your passport details.
2. Travel to India requires U.S. citizens (and most other nationalities) to obtain a visa for entry. Current visa fees for entry are not included in the program but the fee for WorldStrides to process is itemized separately.
All U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens with an established U.S. residence will receive a customized Toolkit with full details on your specific visa needs. All participants who do not meet these requirements will be contacted separately for further instructions regarding assistance for your visa needs.
*If you are a non-U.S. citizen but can provide proof of U.S. residency (utility bill, lease agreement, or driver’s license) please select your State of Residence from the drop down menu.
3. All rooms are based on shared twin occupancy (2 persons per room). If you know who your roommate will be, you can select this at the time of registration. Otherwise one (same-sex) roommate will be selected randomly for you at a later time.
Key Dates for the India 2013 Program:
- March 22: - Registration deadline. A non-refundable $2,000 deposit is due at time of registration
- July 01: - Final payment of $6,395 balance is due to WorldStrides
- August 02: Visa application & passport due to WorldStrides (if processing through WorldStrides)
- August 24 and September 14th: Per-departure seminars held at UW Bothell
- September 30th: Group departs from Seattle
- October 02: Program begins in Bangalore
- October 12th: Program ends. Group arrives in Seattle
For more information, please contact Program Administrator Drew McCutchen at 425-352-3545 or send an email to James Reinnoldt, Program Manager.