Business Minors Open to all UW Students!
University of Washington students from all non-business majors (business majors may choose the Retail Management Concentration) may earn a Minor in Retail Management* at UW Bothell. Students enrolled at UW Seattle and UW Tacoma will be authorized for cross-enrollment in order to pursue the retail management minor. Interested students should discuss the feasibility of completing this minor with their major program advisor.
Prospective students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.7.
Before enrolling in the minor, prospective students must complete the following course:
- B BUS 201: Introduction to Business -- with a minimum grade of 2.7 in this course.
The Minor in Retail Management requires completion of between 28 and 30 credits distributed as follows:
Core (5 credits each):
- B BUS 300: Management of Organizations
- B BUS 320: Marketing Management
- B BUS 445: Merchandise Acquisition
- B BUS 446: Strategic Retail Promotion
- B BUS 447: Retail Operations and Supply Chain Management
- B BUS 448: Retail Technology and Leadership
In B BUS 448, students will take part in a class project designed to help them integrate their learning from the three previous retail courses.
Students may take MGMT 300: Leadership and Organizational Behavior and/or MKTG 301: Marketing Concepts, at the UW Seattle campus to satisfy the requirements of B BUS 300 and B BUS 320, respectively. The UW Seattle campus courses are four credits each. Students who take one of these courses at Seattle will complete the minor with 29 credits; students who take both of these courses at UW Seattle will complete the minor with 28 credits.
Applying to the Minor
To apply, submit a "Change of Program or Minor" form along with transcripts that show completion of the prerequisites. The "Change of Program or Minor" form can be picked up in the Business School office or in any UW academic office. Send "Change of Program or Minor" form and transcripts to the UWB School of Business. Students must complete the prerequisite before registering for any of the courses.
Retail Management Minor
UWB School of Business, Box 358533
18115 Campus Way NE, Room 381
Bothell, WA 98011
You can also make an appointment with a Business School Advisor to discuss the Minor.
The retail management minor requires the completion of 30 credits of upper-division business courses. Four of the six courses in the retail management minor (BBBUS 445- 448) must be completed at UW Bothell. Courses include:
- BBUS 300/BBSKL 300 - Management of Organizations/Teamwork Skills
- BBUS 320 - Marketing Management
- BBUS 445 - Merchandise Acquisition
- BBUS 446 - Strategic Retail Promotion
- BBUS 447 - Retail Operations and Supply Chain Management
- BBUS 448 - Retail Technology and Leadership
Registering for Classes
Students who have been accepted into the Retail Management minor will be able to register for UW Bothell business courses starting Registration Period 2. However, registration cannot be accomplished through the myUW registration system. Students will need to contact an advisor in the UWB School of Business in order to register for their Business courses each quarter.
Graduating with a Minor
When applying for graduation, the student's major program advisor will list the minor requirements on the graduation application. Upon graduation, the minor will be indicated on the student's transcript, but will not appear on the diploma.
* The Retail Management Minor, and BBUS 445 – BBUS 448, have been approved by the Business School faculty. The minor and courses are subject to final approval by the requisite University committees.
Let Us Know You're Interested
Want to learn more about the Retail Management concentration or minor? CLICK HERE and tell us a little about yourself. An advisor will be happy to contact you with more information. Thank you!