Because the Bachelor Degree in Business Administration is an upper division program, students begin the program after already completing substantial coursework. Certain prerequisites must be completed prior to matriculation (the start of studies at UWB). In addition, some prerequisites must be completed prior to application.
Prerequisites for Matriculation
Admitted students must complete a minimum of 80 transferable quarter credits (90 credits preferred), with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.5, prior to beginning their business studies at UWB. These credits must include all of the following prerequisite courses (with a minimum grade of 2.0 in each):
Business Prerequisite Courses
||Common Course Numbering
|| B BUS 215, BIS 315
||Q METH 201,
STAT 220, 311
|MATH 146, BA 240
||B CUSP 124, 125 or 126
||MATH 112, MATH 124, 125, 125 or 126
||MATH 148, MATH 151
||B CUSP 200
||B CUSP 176 or 201
||B BUS 210
||ACCTG 201 and ACCTG 202
||B BUS 211
||B CUSP 202
||POLS 200, BUS 201
||Please contact departmental advisor
||Please contact advisor
General Education Prerequisite Courses
- 5 credits of Composition.
- 15 credits of Quantitative Reasoning.
- 15 credits of Natural Science (The Natural World).
- 15 credits of Humanities (Visual Literary and Performing Arts).
- 20 credits of Social Science (Individuals and Societies).
- 2 years of a single foreign language in high school or two quarters of a single foreign language in college (American Sign Language applies).
Admission is contingent upon the student's satisfaction of these requirements prior to the beginning of the academic quarter for which he or she has been admitted.