Our office tells the story of UW Bothell to major media outlets, donors, legislators and the general public. We use students in every aspect of our work, from planning events to advocating in Olympia to communications and web design.
Are you an aspiring writer with an eye for detail? Are you a storyteller who is ready to expand your multimedia skills? The Office of Advancement and External Relations has an immediate opening for a student assistant. This position provides hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment. The student assistant will help shape the voice and image of UW Bothell, provide basic support for the Office of Advancement and External Relations at UW Bothell, and help with events and other duties as assigned.
Hiring Department: Office of Advancement and External Relations
Contact: Lisa Hall, email@example.com or 425.352.5461
Location: 19128 112th Street, Suite 102, Bothell, WA 98011 (Note: the Office of Advancement and External Relations is not on the core campus, we are in the Bracket Building at Beardslee Crossing.)
This position is 19 hours per week. Work hours are flexible, but dependability is essential. Work Study is preferred.
Assist the Advancement Office in duties including, but not limited to:
• Complete assigned UW Bothell stories on deadline using the written word, photos and/or video for multiple platforms
• Conduct interviews with students, faculty, staff and alumni
• Write accurate copy for print
• Write media releases
• Track media coverage
• Email correspondence
• Plan and staff events (both on campus and off).
• Perform office general office tasks including: electronic and postal mailings, data entry, organize office materials, answer telephones
• Work with various university staff on projects
• Work within a professional team environment
• Gain practical work experience in career areas of media and public relations, marketing, journalism, and advancement. Learn and hone valuable office skills.
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Manage multiple projects with attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
• Experience in an office clerical and computer Windows environment
• Customer service experience
• UW Bothell students; all majors and disciplines
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, copy of your resume, at least two writing samples and current class schedule:
• In person: 19128 112th Street, Suite 102, Bothell, WA 98011 (Bracket Bldg. adjacent to campus)
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline: Until filled