Transfer Students

Applying Transfer Credit To Degree Requirements

Before a student first registers for classes at the University of Washington Bothell s/he should meet with an academic adviser to plan a program of study. The adviser determines how the transfer credits shown on the transfer-credit evaluation may be used to meet UW Bothell degree requirements.

Alternative Credit Options

The UW Bothell does not award general credit for work or life experience. However, two avenues exist for obtaining credit under selected circumstances.

  • Once enrolled at the UWB, students may explore the possibility of obtaining departmental approval for transfer of credit earned through course work taken at an unaccredited institution.
  • Students may arrange to challenge specific UWB courses via credit by examination if the same knowledge has been gained through independent study outside a formal educational setting.

For information concerning course work taken at an unaccredited institution or for information on credit by examination for independent study completed outside a formal educational setting, contact the Office of Admissions at 425-352-5000 or



  • Apply Now
  • Request Information
  • Student Profiles
  • Viewbook
  • Campus Tour
  • Real Huskies Real Careers
  • Join us