New Sponsored Student Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The University of Washington (UW) Bothell welcomes students from a variety of countries, including SACM-sponsored students. UW Bothell will consider applicants for conditional admission if they are on a government sponsored program or scholarship.
1) Does UW Bothell offer conditional admission?
· UW Bothell offers conditional admission only to Accelerated Intensive English Program (A-IEP) students, to students currently enrolled and attending the Campus Intensive English Program (CIEP), or students who are being sponsored through a government program or scholarship and have their applications complete except for proof of English proficiency.
· Read more here:
o A-IEP: http://www.uwb.edu/admissions/international/aiep
o C-IEP: http://www.uwb.edu/admissions/international/elp
2) I am a sponsored (SACM or other) student. How do I obtain my UW Bothell conditional admissions letter?
· Read how to apply here: http://www.uwb.edu/admissions/international/apply
· Submit application here: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uwbf/
· Follow up and be certain to submit all required application documents
3) What will be stated on my admission letter?
· If you are a freshman, you will be admitted to the Center for University Studies and Programs. The admissions letter will also state your intended course of academic study, such as Bachelor of Arts in Business, Bachelor of Science in Computing and Software Systems, etc. Transfer students are admitted directly to their program of choice.
4) I am a SACM student. How do I obtain my financial guarantee (FG)?
· APPLY: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uwbf/
· Follow up; submit any missing application documents.
· Admissions decisions are granted 4-6 weeks after a complete application is submitted.
· You will receive your acceptance decision via email and standard mail.
· If admitted, submit acceptance letter to SACM or other sponsor to obtain financial guarantee.
5) How do I obtain my UW Bothell I-20?
· You must first gain admission to UW Bothell. (See above.)
· Once you are admitted, and obtain your financial guarantee, visit here: http://www.uwb.edu/iss/next-steps.
o Submit your UW Bothell I-20 request form and UW Bothell financial guarantee to receive your I-20.
· Bring I-20, acceptance letter, and supporting documentation with you to F1 visa interview.
· Return to “Next Steps” website http://www.uwb.edu/iss/next-steps for more instructions on obtaining visa, registering for orientation and arranging housing.
We look forward to welcoming you to the University of Washington Bothell!
© University of Washington Bothell Privacy | Terms