Accelerated Intensive English Program (A-IEP) Admissions
Finish your English proficiency requirement in two academic quarters--instead of three--on the UW Bothell campus with the Accelerated Intensive English Program (A-IEP). Successfully complete A-IEP level 5 and begin your university-level studies the next academic term!
A-IEP is a highly intensive 2-quarter English Program offered jointly by University of Washington Bothell and University of Washington International & English Language Programs (IELP). All classes are held on the UW Bothell campus and meet for 4-5 hours per day, Monday through Friday.
A-IEP offers qualified international students:
- 450 hours of academic preparation coursework, including Academic Reading, & Writing, Academic Listening & Speaking, Grammar, and Applied Academic Skills
- Small class size with highly qualified instructors
- Both level 4 and 5 courses
A-IEP offers levels 4 and 5 only.
Tuition and Costs
A-IEP at UW Bothell
(2 quarters of levels 4 & 5)
|C-IEP* at UW Seattle
(3 quarters of levels 4 & 5)
|Room & Board
|Books & Supplies
Estimated Costs in US$
*The Campus Intensive English Program (C-IEP) offers all levels of English. However, level 5 of C-IEP requires 2 quarters whereas A-IEP requires only 1 quarter for level 5.
A-IEP Admission Requirements
To be eligible for our A-IEP applicants must have one of the following to prove their level of English proficiency:
For Level 4
- TOEFL iBT of 65 (no sub-score below 16) OR
- IELTS of 5.5 (no sub-score below 5.0) OR
- Successful completion of C-IEP level 3 at UW Seattle with 80% or higher
For Level 5
- TOEFL iBT of 76 (no sub-score below 18) OR
- IELTS of 6 (no sub-score below 5.5) OR
- Successful completion of C-IEP level 4 at UW Seattle with 80% or higher
Conditional Admission to UW Bothell--apply today!
All students admitted to the A-IEP are eligible to live in campus housing. UW Bothell offers apartment-style housing within a 5 minute walk from campus. For more information on housing, please visit our housing website.
For more information about this program, please contact International Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.