Apply Now

Requesting Transcripts

You will have official academic records at every school where you have attempted credits, and UW Bothell requires that you submit an official transcript from each school. To submit transcripts, contact the Registrar’s Office at each school as soon as possible to request your official transcripts be sent to UW Bothell. All transcripts must be sent to our office:

University of Washington Bothell
Office of Admissions, Box 358500
18115 Campus Way NE
Bothell, WA 98011-8246

Here are some commonly asked questions to help you through this process:

What is an official transcript?

Paper transcripts must remain sealed in the original envelope as issued by the school, that we can verify has not been opened or tampered with (usually with the school’s unbroken sticker or stamp over the seal). Electronic transcripts may be sent directly to UW Bothell by the issuing school. We cannot accept as official any transcripts sent by email or fax, or any paper transcripts that have been opened.

When should I request my official transcripts?

Your admissions application will not be reviewed until all official transcripts and required documents have been received.  You do not need to wait until you have received or sent all official transcripts to UW Bothell to submit your online application.  The Admissions Office will match your transcripts with your online application when received.  If you attend(ed) a Washington State Community College, please have your transcript(s) sent directly from the community college electronically, not faxed.

How do I send my transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse?

When you order a transcript using the National Student Clearinghouse, please note that the University of Washington Bothell is not listed as a recipient. It only shows an option of the University of Washington. To ensure that your transcript gets to our office, please do the following when you are on the "Enter Recipient Details" page:

  1. Select "Washington" as the state
  2. Select "Not in the list" as the School Name
  3. Type in "University of Washington Bothell"
  4. Select "Mail" as the Delivery Method
  5. Fill out address listed above (Ensure it is Attention of "Office of Admissions Box 358500")
  6. To be sure, add "Bothell Campus" in the Special Instruction box

Do I need an official high school transcript?

If you met CADR requirements through high school, yes, we do require an official high school transcript.  However, if you completed all CADR requirements through college coursework, your official high school transcript will not be required.  If you received a GED, an official high school transcript is still required to verify CADR requirements.

I already sent my transcripts to UW Seattle or UW Tacoma.  Can you retrieve them?

Because all UW campuses have separate admissions offices, applicants need to send all transcripts and/or required documents to UW Bothell even if you already sent them to UW Seattle and/or UW Tacoma.  We do not share student application files, transcripts or any other application documents with UW Seattle or UW Tacoma.

However, if you have taken classes at any University of Washington campus (UW Seattle, UW Tacoma or UW Bothell), you do not need to submit official transcripts for those classes, as we have access to those records.

Homeschooled Applicants click here for more information about acceptable transcripts.

International Applicants click here for more information about acceptable transcripts. 


  • Apply Now
  • Request Information
  • Student Profiles
  • Viewbook
  • Campus Tour
  • Real Huskies Real Careers
  • Join us