The University of Washington Bothell seeks to foster a "dynamic community of multicultural learning." The UW Bothell Community-Based Learning and Research project holds as its mission the advancement of mutually beneficial relationships between the university and the extra-campus community through service learning for the purposes of education and growth among all involved parties.
* Provide high-quality service learning experiences for UW Bothell students that integrate in-class knowledge and meaningful engagement within community institutions.
* Connect faculty research agendas and student learning to the needs of the community.
* Foster long-term relationships with regional, national, and international organizations.
* Bring ideas and knowledge from UW Bothell to the community, broadly defined, and from the community to UW Bothell.
* Enrich classroom engagement by providing students with service learning experiences that bring to life the materials they encounter in their coursework.
* Encourage pedagogically sound, community-based service learning among and across programs at UW Bothell.
* Facilitate long-term, student-focused service learning projects that extend beyond a single course or single instructor.
The UW Bothell's Community-Based Learning and Research project promotes the on-going review of the outcomes, organizational structures, and processes that support this mission and these goals.
Paul Markham, Ph.D.
Director of Community-Based Learning and Research
Academic Affairs - Undergraduate LearningBox 358565 | UW2-134 | 425-352-3667 firstname.lastname@example.org
UW Bothell has been designated a veteran-friendly campus by the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs.
© University of Washington Bothell Privacy | Terms